"Preventing Acne" Tips
- Don’t pick, pop or squeeze, or otherwise mess with your skin. Squeezing blemishes or whiteheads can lead to infection or scarring. It almost always makes the acne you have worse.
- Wash your pillowcase often and always use clean face towels. Dirty towels and pillowcases can harbor bacteria and germs that can make acne worse.
- Be sure to pull your hair away from your skin when you sleep.
- Try to shower as soon as possible after your workout since sweat combined with skin oils can trap dirt and bacteria in your pores.
- Don’t go to bed with makeup on. It can clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
- Make sure to clean cosmetic brushes regularly in soapy water and throw out old, contaminated makeup.
- Use topical treatments, such as nature's cure vanishing cream, anywhere that you tend to get breakouts -- don't just spot-treat existing pimples. the pore-clogging process happens two to three weeks before any blemish becomes visible on the skin.
- Exercising regularly can help reduce stress and it increases blood circulation and oxygen penetration to the skin, which may help to prevent acne.